ARGO

We are movie fans of all movies!

ARGO

Postby Ben Chiu » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm

I finally got around to seeing ARGO this weekend. I think it won best picture Oscar. What did you guys think?
Ben
===============
~Imagining a world without hypothetical situations...
Ben Chiu

Re: ARGO

Postby Clare Kennedy » Wed May 08, 2013 1:21 pm

It's on my list of movies that I really want to watch! I loved Ben's speech as he accepted the Oscar. :P
Clare Kennedy

Re: ARGO

Postby Ben Chiu » Fri May 10, 2013 12:48 pm

OK, let us know what you think after you've seen it.

I thought it was a really clever idea from a production stand point. Not a lot of characters, not a lot of locations, and because these people are hiding, the lack of these items completely fits the story.

The combination of humor and natural tendency to root for the good guys to win make it a "feel good" movie in many ways much like a sports film. And the timing with the current issues with the world and Iran--simply golden.

The movie is kind of what I expected and I enjoyed watching it, but perhaps more from a film makers perspective than as outright entertainment. It's a smart film. Not having seen the rest of the Oscar nominees yet, I'll reserve my vote for best picture until then. But because Ben Affleck takes chances, is competent in craft (in front of and behind the camera), I think he deserves all of the kudos and more that he's received. Cheers!
Ben Chiu

Return to Other Movies