THE WORLD'S END

We are movie fans of all movies!

THE WORLD'S END

Postby Ben Chiu » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:15 pm

I'm not sure who is behind these movies (Simon Peg seems to star in most of them), but I'm envious of how much fun these guys look like they're having. Of them, my favorite so far is SEAN OF THE DEAD (a must-see if you see a couple of zombie movies)--simply brilliant.

THE WORLD'S END revolves around the same themes found in their other productions (a group of buddies, resistance to growing up/becoming responsible and alcohol told with fast cuts, close-ups, and quick zooms with whoosh thump sound effects). I thought this would be another one to add to my list of favorites. It was what I expected for the first 3/4's of a the movie (lots of laughs) and then it seems like they didn't know how to end it, so they just found the quickest way out. In the end, I was disappointed and everyone who watched it with me felt the same way. It didn't completely ruin the whole movie for me, but it was close. Too bad, they were on to something.
Ben
===============
~Imagining a world without hypothetical situations...
Ben Chiu

THE WORLD'S END & The Art of Close-Ups

Postby Ben Chiu » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:54 pm

As luck would have it, I ran into this yesterday. (Kinda spooky actually...) It's called The Art of Close-Ups, but it's really all about the kind of cutting I refer to in my last post.

Ben Chiu

Return to Other Movies