HERCULES

We are movie fans of all movies!

HERCULES

Postby Ben Chiu » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Every couple of years, Hollywood gets itself into a feeding frenzy of sorts where a few push out movies on the same character. Years ago it was Tarzan, then Sherlock Holmes. This year's clones was HERCULES.

Like many of you, I've been burned by watching the "wrong" (read cheaper imitation) version of the latest twin or triplet (sometimes quadruplet!), so this year was easy because all I had to do was look for "The Rock" Duane Johnson on the cover.

I'll admit up front that I'm a Duane Johnson fan. He's got charisma (that certain something we'd all love to bottle), doesn't take himself too seriously, and he picks good movies to do. So although I've seen pretty much every move about Hercules ever made, because of The Rock, I was expecting a good, fun movie. And once again, I got what I expected.

HERCULES turns the myth on its ear and is told from a modern perspective which I found very clever. The action and dramatic scenes were done very well. What many people don't give The Rock credit for is his acting ability. He may not have a lot of range, but what he does, he does very well. I enjoyed it. Probably won't watch it again, but I liked it.
Ben
===============
~Imagining a world without hypothetical situations...
Ben Chiu

Return to Other Movies