EMPEROR

We are movie fans of all movies!

EMPEROR

Postby Ben Chiu » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:16 pm

I'd written a couple of books about what I consider to be the pinnacle of turn and burn air combat--the air war of WWII. Needless to say, I'm a huge WWII buff. So when I saw the trailer for EMPEROR (EMP) with Tommy Lee Jones as MacArthur I put it on my "to see" list.

Tommy Lee Jones has charisma. And given the fact that his style is such that he's basically he same guy in every role (and usually a grumpy one at that!), yet I love watching him, just illustrates how much of that charisma he has and how much it really means in the grand scheme of movie things.

That said, I think he was mis-cast as MacArthur. And, as with many trailers we see today, despite what the trailer implies, the movies has very little MacArthur in it. So while I felt that I may have been bamboozled into watching EMP, I'm glad I did. This movie has a story that is surprising and is told in a way that you learn about another time and culture. It was well shot and the FX were really well done. And if that isn't enough, there's a love story in there too. EMP is a really good movie and if you like historical dramas, you'll like it.
Ben
===============
~Imagining a world without hypothetical situations...
Ben Chiu

Return to Other Movies