Favorite actors as a child

What have you seen lately? What are your favorite movies?

Favorite actors as a child

Postby Clare Kennedy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi,

I'd love to know who your favorite actors and actresses were as a child and have your tastes changed as you got older?
Clare Kennedy

Re: Favorite actors as a child

Postby Ben Chiu » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:51 pm

I'll put in my vote for our very own, Vic Baron!
Ben
===============
~Imagining a world without hypothetical situations...
Ben Chiu

Postby Ben Chiu » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 am

I guess Vic isn't going to bite and reveal his acting history... :(

I'll add that I think Dakota Fanning was the most amazing child actress.

EDIT:

Oh, I read the question wrong. :oops:

My favorite actors when I was a kid were probably Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Burt Reynolds. As for women, Rachel Welch, Barbara Eden (see a trend here?), and Lucille Ball.

I think the only thing that's changed over the years is I've added substantially to my favorite actors list, but none of the originals have moved off the list. Can't say the same for some of the later additions tho. I really hate when actors for what ever reason stop giving a K-Wrap. It seems like they don't care anymore and will do any movie seemingly without regard to quality.
Ben Chiu

Postby malcolm » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Bob Denver, Stan Laurel and Fred Gwynne were (Are) my favorites! Must be hard to act as an innocent dummy when you are really highly intelligent, to me these are great actors in my childhood.
malcolm

Postby Clare Kennedy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Great picks! Growing up I loved Harrison Ford, Gregory Peck, Charlie Chaplin and Richard Pryor.

Now I love David Strathairn , Steve Buscemi Catherine Keener and Ben Kingsly. I'd see anything with any one of those!
Clare Kennedy

Postby Ben Chiu » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:33 am

malcolm wrote:Bob Denver, Stan Laurel and Fred Gwynne were (Are) my favorites! Must be hard to act as an innocent dummy when you are really highly intelligent, to me these are great actors in my childhood.

Gilligan and Herman Munster! I love those guys too! It's funny how we're picking TV actors over movie actors. TV played a much larger role in peoples lives back in the day. And the TV shows had much more penetration because there wasn't much choice. The whole thing is so diluted now. What is that saying? "1000 channels and nothing to watch."

I guess what's heartening is there are a few good shows out there and we all find the same ones regardless of what channel it runs on.
Ben Chiu

Postby TrentB » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:57 pm

Clare Kennedwy wrote:Great picks! Growing up I loved Harrison Ford, Gregory Peck, Charlie Chaplin and Richard Pryor.

Now I love David Strathairn , Steve Buscemi Catherine Keener and Ben Kingsly. I'd see anything with any one of those!

John Wayne.
TrentB

Return to Talk about movies!